An electromagnet is a temporary strong magnet made of a piece of soft iron when current flows in the coil wound around it. It is an artificial magnet.
Electromagnets are mainly used for the following purposes:
- To lift and transport large masses of iron scrap, girders, plates, etc.
- To load furnaces with iron.
- To separate magnetic substances such as iron from debris and raw materials.
- To remove pieces of iron from wounds.
- Several electrical devices such as electric bells, telegraphs, electric trams, electric motors, relays, microphones, loudspeakers, etc.
- In scientific research, to study the magnetic properties of a substance in a magnetic field.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.