Question: Mention the ways in which the Supreme Court has been made independent of the influence of the Executive. Or
Mention two ways by which the Constitution ensures independence of the Judges of the Supreme Court?
How Supreme Court made independent of the influence of the Executive?
- The Judges are although appointed by the President but he cannot remove them.
- Security of Tenure.
- Security of Salaries and service conditions.
- The Judges are free to announce their decisions and decrees in the Court Chamber.
- Can punish for the Contempt of Court.
- Forbids the discussion of the conduct of a Judge of the Supreme Court in Parliament.
- The Judges are not allowed to practice after retirement.
YOU MAY READ
Prime Minister and Council of Ministers
India has a parliamentary form of government in which the Prime Minister is the real head of the country. The President is the nominal head who acts on the advice of the Prime Minister. Read more
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Human rights refer to freedoms and rights which should be available to all human beings irrespective of their caste, class, gender, and religion. These rights include the right to life, the right to freedom of speech and expression, the right to equality, the right to education, etc. Read more