The surface of the earth is not the same everywhere. The earth has an infinite variety of landforms. Some parts of the lithosphere may be rugged and some flat. The importance of Landforms are
Importance of Landforms
- Landforms form the relief features of the Earth and influence the climatic conditions of the regions in which they are located; for example, the Himalayas influence the climate of northern India.
- Many snow-capped mountains are the sources of the perennial rivers.
- Slopes of mountains are covered with thick forests and thus maintain biodiversity on the Earth.
- Plateaus are the sources of various minerals.
- The lava plateaus formed by volcanic eruptions have black soil, which is suitable for cultivation.
- Many ancient civilisations developed on river banks. Plains have extremely fertile soil and support agricultural activities.
- Landforms such as mountains, valleys and plateaus have many scenic spots which greatly attract tourists.
YOU MAY READ
The surface of the earth is not the same everywhere. The earth has an infinite variety of landforms. Some parts of the lithosphere may be rugged and some flat. Read more
A volcano is a vent or an opening in the Earth’s crust from which hot magma erupts from the interior of the Earth. Volcanoes are generally caused because of the following reasons. Read more