Thomson plum pudding model:
- Electrons are embedded in a bed of positive spheres,
- Could not explain how atomic mass could be accounted for,
- Could not explain spectral lines.
- Positively charged particles are located in the central nucleus and electrons revolve around this at high speed,
- Much like the solar system
- Could not explain the high stability of an atom
- Electrons revolve in fixed energy levels or orbit around a nucleus that contains protons and neutrons,
- As long as electrons remain in orbits, they do not gain or lose energy
Structure of Atom PDF
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.