Non-conventional resources are known as the energy resources of the future. Wind energy has been developed in the recent past as an alternative to conventional or non-renewable sources of energy. The wind is an inexpensive, reliable, and cleaner source of energy. In this post, we have discussed ‘How Does a Wind Turbine Generate Electricity?’
How Does a Wind Turbine Generate Electricity?
- Windmills are used for generating electricity. The blades of the windmill rotate due to the force of the wind. This rotational motion of the blades is used for driving a number of machines such as water pumps, flour mills, and electric generators.
- Several wind farms are installed in a definite pattern in clusters called ‘wind farms’. Wind farms are generally installed in coastal regions, open grasslands, and hilly regions. The Indian wind program is the fifth largest in the world.
- In India, the largest wind farm cluster is located Many housing societies have started installing solar panels on the top of their house for lighting lobbies and heating water. The largest wind farm in India is situated from Nagarcoil to Madurai in the state of Tamil Nadu Nagarcoil to Madurai in Tamil Nadu. Important wind farms are also located in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Lakshadweep, and Maharashtra.
Advantages of Wind Energy
- It is a renewable source of energy.
- It does not produce pollution. Thus, it is a cleaner source of energy.
- It reduces our dependence on fossil fuels.
- Wind turbines can be built on existing agricultural farms. This greatly benefits the economy in rural areas, where most of the best wind sites are found.
- Landowners can earn additional income by installing wind turbines on land that can be used for domestic consumption.
Unemployment refers to the situation in which an individual who is able and willing to work at an existing wage rate does not get work. After going through this post, you will be able to understand “How to Fix Unemployment”. How to Fix Unemployment? The following are some of the steps that can be taken to …
Unemployment refers to the situation in which an individual who is able and willing to work at an existing wage rate does not get work. After going through this post, you will be able to understand the actual Causes of Unemployment in India. Causes of Unemployment in India India is severely affected by the ever-rising …
Finished reading Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources?