The process of the transformation of rocks from one form to the other in a cyclic manner is known as the rock cycle. Rock Cycle includes the following processes:
- Hot lava cools down to form igneous rocks.
- These igneous rocks are then broken down by agents of gradation into small particles which are transported and then deposited. This results in the formation of sedimentary rocks.
- When these igneous and sedimentary rocks are subjected to great heat and pressure, they change into metamorphic rocks.
- These metamorphic rocks break down under heat and pressure and form hot lava.
- This hot magma then again cools down and forms igneous rocks.
Also, Read 7 Important Uses of Rocks